Confirmation Prepartion for Terre Haute Youth Ministry
Confirmation Candidates should be attending Mass regularly as well as attending youth group. To receive the sacrament through our program the following must be completed.
- Catechesis – Candidates will be responsible for attending catechetical classes – we are using the program Decision Point from Dynamic Catholic. Candidates will be allowed 1 unexcused absence. The meetings will be held at Sacred Heart from 7:30 - 9:00 PM on the 3rd Wednesdays of the month.
- Retreat – Candidates will be expected to participate in one retreat during their preparation.
- Service – candidates will be expected to serve 8 hours in any of the Terre Haute parishes.
- Letter to Archbishop Thompson
- Confirmation Interview – Each candidate will meet with one or both of the youth ministers to go through a brief interview.
- Candidate/Sponsor Day- Candidates and Sponsors will come together (about a week before the sacrament takes place) for a rehearsal as well as a time of formation as a pair.
For Confirmation preparation we are using the program Decision Point. This is a program from Dynamic Catholic which was founded by renowned speaker and author Matthew Kelly. This is a DVD and workbook based series designed to be a comporehensive look at the Sacrament of Confirmation in light of the Catholic Church. Kelly's simple, yet engaging speaking style has captivated millions through his various books and speaking engagements. He brings that same simple and engaging style to this Confirmation program as well.
Classes will meet for 14 sessions, and each teen will be put into small groups to make the process more intimate and real. Questions? Contact the Youth Ministry office!